Canon Printer Wireless Setup
Canon Printer Wireless Setup proves to be efficient in the sense of time and place as it saves both of them. One can give any type of print from any corner of the wifi surveillance. There are many models of the canon printer wireless setup that supports the wireless printing service. Due to the rapid availability of routers and development in the wireless connection canon has built its printer to stand in the topmost position in the global printer market. To know how the wireless printer technology works, follow all the guidelines as well as the setup process to get a wireless printer.
How the wireless printing works in the canon printer
The process to connect the canon printer wireless setup to your windows device is a two-way process and a mediator in between. The wifi router acts as a mediator between the printer and the device.
Connection of the canon printer to the wifi router using SSID settings
- This is the simplest method to connect the router with the windows service. The only thing you need is a wifi router as a mediator.
- Then turn on the wifi router as well as the canon printer wireless setup. If the printer is in sleep mode then press the energy saver button available on the printer to wake it up.
- Now press the menu button. A list appears, scroll down and select the network settings option from the list, and press the Ok button.
- Then select the ‘Wireless LAN settings’ that is available in the next selection list and press ok
- Now popup info. will appear press ok button again
- Then after pressing the ok button to select the SSID settings available in wireless LAN settings.
- Now two options will appear i.e. ‘Select access point’ and ‘Enter Manually. Select the ‘Select access point’ option and press ok. This helps the printer itself to search for all the wireless networks available in its surrounding.
- Then a list of available networks will appear. choose the name of your own wifi network and press the ok button.
- You will be directed to the password window on the printer display. Insert the desired password using the number keys of the canon printer wireless setup.
- Then after entering the password select the apply option and click on the ok button.
- Now select the Yes option and click on Ok.
- It will take some time to connect and the connected option will display when the connection establishes successfully
- Then press the ‘Copy/Scan’ button to return to the main screen.
Connection of the windows device with the wifi router:
- Turn on the windows device and navigate to the desktop.
- In the right lower corner click on the network sign or just click on the windows button and search for the Wifi option.
- Now click on it and turn it on. The wifi will start searching for available networks.
- Select the same network as the printer is connected to and enter the password using the keyboard.
- The connection establishment is completed successfully.
Download and Install Canon printer wireless setup
- Open any web browser and search for canon.com/ijsetup.
- Then search for the model number in the search bar of the website and press enter.
- Scroll down and select your printer from the list given.
- Then again scroll down and click on the select option available first and then press on the download button.
- The downloading process of the driver will start automatically.
- Then after the download process locate the file in the Downloads folder of your windows device and open the installer.
- Now the automatic extractor will run and the canon printer wireless setup window will appear. Click next to start the wireless installation process.
- Then click yes on the license agreement. Then select the network connection option rather than the USB connection and click next.
- The application will search for your canon device. A list will appear, select your printer from a list and click on the Next button.
- Now check all the checkboxes available in the next step to install the drivers completely and click next.
- Now select the driver you want to install. Generally, you must select the driver whose name appears first as they are more common and click on the Next button.
- Then confirm the name of your printer and click next. Select your region as The United States and click next.
- Now click on the start button to begin the installation. The installation will begin and the software will be installed within few minutes.
- This is all about the canon printer wireless setup.